Thursday, March 4, 2010

I Hate Star Wars!

I hate Star Wars. I decided this as I sit endless hours on the couch watching Alayna, my 5 year old, play Lego Star Wars on Nintendo Wii. Yesterday morning she woke me up from a sleep to say she was playing Star Wars before school. I peeked at the clock and it was 8:05 am. The bus comes at 8:38 am. She was in her Pajamas, hadn't eaten breakfast and her hair was standing up on end. I didn't even get "No you don't have time" out of my mouth before the shrieking of agony that I had inflicted on her started. My two kitty's who had been resting in the hall were so startled by the loud shrieking they stood on all fours and dashed away quick as they could go without the carpet being pulled up away from the hardwood floor underneath. This screaming didn't stop for the entire 40 minutes before Alayna left for school. Bob proceeded to fix her a pop tart and practically throw the tray of pop-tart, napkin and glass of milk on the floor in front of her. He quickly gets out of the room to leave me on the couch with our monstrous offspring demanding that she is playing Wii and she isn't going to school until she play Wii. At this point she has hit my nerve center and every hair was standing up on my entire body. I say in a really threatening voice, " If you don't get up and eat your breakfast and get ready for school you are going to get a licken." (slang for spanking in these parts) Now-- if I was outside myself watching this scenerio I would laugh at me saying this because I am on the couch with my leg propped on a pillow and crutches right beside me telling her I am going to spank her. Even she knows I am not going to be physically able to carry this plan out. At this point Bob comes back in the room to announce that if she doesn't eat and get ready he is taking the Wii away for today. This creates even more crying and yelling and he immediately leaves the room again. Where the hell is he going I wonder? Nothing like coming back in to make more crying. Then she announces that this is not the Pop-Tart that she wanted, she wanted the chocolate one with white dots on it. And she throws her body on the floor and the shrieking starts again. It is now 8:25 am. Bob comes back into the room again and says," You are getting on the bus in your pajamas if you aren't ready in 5 minutes." Out of the room he goes yet again. I hear him mumbling bad words under his breath. The shrieking stops for a minute and my hairs lay down on my arms-she gives me a nasty look and leaves the room. I am alone if only for a minute. My kitty slinks up to the tray that was left on the floor looking around to see if anyone is watching . He then puts his paw in the milk glass and licks it off his paw. I hear a loud banging in the kitchen proceeded by a sliding noise and then the pantry door opening. Alayna appears in front of me again with the Chocolate pop-tart box and a huge smile. I start opening the foil that the pop-tart is wrapped in. Im giving her the damn pop tart she wants because she wont cooperate with anyone without it. Bob comes around the corner to see me in this traitorous act. My first reaction was to hide the box but I didnt do this I opened the chocolate box and gave her one explaining that I cant get up to heat it up and she would have to eat it cold. She grabbed it and off she went to the kitty paw milk to dunk it like she always does. I wasnt even going there with the milk- what harm could it do? At least the shrieking stopped. She then got her clothes on and out the door to the bus stop she went. Everyone was gone. I looked up to see the box of Lego Star Wars laying on the floor in front of the TV stand and I throw my crutch at it. I hate Star Wars!

No comments:

Post a Comment