Saturday, March 13, 2010

I am Catholic Hear Me Roar!

Prayer is the my saving grace. I have been taught as a child and as a grown up that if you pray you will be rewarded with many great and wonderful things. Of course it may not be the things you prayed for. But nonetheless it is the answer that is in the plan. You can pray anywhere, anytime about anything. Be a prayer warrior. Most of the time I find myself praying in the bathroom. I have prayed in the bathroom at work throughout my life; puking over the toilet when I was pregnant ( mostly praying that it was soon over), whenever someone disappointed me or yelled at me or if I was anxious or worried- in the bathroom to pray I go.

Lately I pray that I will get down in the tub without pain in my leg and that I can get my fanny up off the toilet. And low and behold I seem to be able to do those things- my prayers must be being answered.

Theres a sign on my bathroom wall that says Prayer-When life is too hard to stand-kneel. I have to say hypothetically I am kneeling as far as I can get down. I haven't ever had to worry about having surgery so let me just say that I am scared out of my wits. I have to put it in God's hands. Because it feels like its out of mine.

My Grandma used to say "Darcy, you have to pray the feet off God." And up until right now I didn't really know what she meant. Tomorrow (the day before my surgery) I plan on praying the feet off God. Whatever answer comes- I have to trust is the one that's supposed to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment